March 15, 2010

It's exhausting trying to show proof to professionals

We've just had THE worst week and I don't know if it is because he didn't feel well or another major mood swing hit. It amazes me how hard it is to tease typical stuff and real issues stuff when it is SO intertwined and messy. Society tells us all of it is "normal" so we chase our tails trying to put a square peg into a round hole. Well I am sick of it. And it is clearly not normal.

I got some good video this week, but as a suggestion--you are better off with the older type video cameras that use small tapes. The new ones, like the one I got, use the memory disk and you cannot pause in between taping. This is a royal pain.

We just spent 30 mins in the therapist office where she does play therapy with him. He is so happy to play! As soon as her and I begin to talk, he acts up and becomes destructive. Typical. Only she decides she doesn't want him being upset and decides to talk about strengths. I don't need to discuss his strengths thank you--I am well aware. What he NEEDS is to work on frustration control and inflexibility! They cater to him to keep him in a good place, so where is the mess! It does exist outside of play-doh and sand boxes you know.

I decided to appease her and talk positive and then scheduled an apt to speak with her alone this Friday. Damned if I am going to let her off the hook this time. I am up to here with society fluffing over the serious issues and pushing it down the line. So what, CHINS steps in next? What do they suggest when he turns 9 and they can't sweep it under the carpet anymore, residential housing? Give me a small break here and address my child's issues NOW, not later.

Exasperated.....

No comments: